RULES AND REGULATIONS
Park Rules & Regulations
- Check-out time is noon. Late checkout is available for a minimal fee up until 3:00 p.m. if your site is not rented. Any departures after 3:00 p.m. without approval will be billed for an additional night.
- Refunds are available 48 hours before your reservation for RV sites and 30 days before your reservation for rentals.
- Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Please respect the posted 10 mph speed limit when driving anywhere in the park. Excessive speeds are dangerous and raise dust throughout the park.
- Violators will be asked to leave without a refund.
- Ice is available for sale. Please see our camp host at the office.
- RV supplies, health and beauty supplies, cold soft drinks, snacks, and ice cream are also available during regular office hours.
- Laundry and showers are available 24 hours a day.
- Showers are located in our clubhouse and on Level 1. Entry codes are required; obtain them from the office. Please be kind and leave shower areas clean for the next guest.
- The fitness room is open 24 hours a day.
- The Game Room is open from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Please remember to clean up after using the equipment.
- Quiet hours are observed from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m. daily. Please keep noise to a minimum during these hours. During all other hours, please remember to be kind to your neighbor and keep unnecessary noise to a minimum.
- The Cedar Cove daily guest rate covers 2 adults and 2 children. Additional adult guests are $6.00 + tax per person/per day. Non-resident showers are $6.00 each.
- All Cedar Cove sites rented for a month are considered on a “month-to-month” basis.
- A credit card must be on file, or a $200 deposit must be paid for electricity for monthly tenants.
- Reserving sites for future use requires a $100 deposit or more.
- Address to receive mail via USPS:
Cedar Cove RV Park
P.O. Box 898
Your Name and Site #
Elephant Butte, NM 87935
- Address to receive packages via UPS or FedEx:
Cedar Cove RV Park
Your Name and Site #
Hwy 195 48 Cedar Cove Rd.
Elephant Butte, NM 87935
- Only one RV and 2 vehicles are permitted per site unless an exception is pre-approved by park management. Occasionally management may approve a temporary (3-day) exception for the purpose of moving between RVs. Please ask.
- At no time may more than one RV be plugged into electricity at a time, and only one RV may be occupied at a time.
- Vehicles must be in good running condition and legally tagged. RVs must be self-contained. Tents and pop-ups are not permitted.
- Rigs older than 10 years must be pre-approved by management. Call (575) 744-4472 for more information.
- Please do not drive, park, or walk through other sites, occupied or not. Proper RV park etiquette is expected to be practiced by all.
- Please do not place BBQ grills or other flammable objects on picnic tables.
- All visitors must register at the office.
- Cedar Cove is an adult park. Visitors with children are welcome to stay up to one week. Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in any of our facilities without an adult accompanying them. Walking or riding bikes through other sites is strictly prohibited.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety of their children.
- Cedar Cove RV Park reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Campers who do not respect our park rules and policies may be asked to leave the park with no refund.
- The entrance doors to our facilities are key-coded for everyone’s safety. Snakes and other critters are sometimes present, so please do not leave or prop the doors open. Entrance codes are changed regularly. Please do not share them with anyone.
Site Maintenance & Usage
- Tenants are responsible for keeping their sites clean, orderly, and free of trash.
- Campfires are allowed in proper campfire rings only.
- Furniture outside the RV is limited to the type intended for outdoor use. Freezers or refrigerators are not allowed outside of the unit.
- The operation of any private business within the park is strictly prohibited, as is selling anything from your site. Outside traffic coming into the park is limited to friends and family members of guests only.
- Tarp canopies or tarp wind blocks are not permitted.
- See-through sunscreens are allowed. However, they must not be permanently installed. No holes are to be drilled, and other modifications to site structures are not permitted.
- Porches, storage sheds, fences, decks, carports, or enclosures are only allowed with management’s pre-approval.
- All of our plumbing, cables, and water lines are buried. Please do not dig at your site without first checking with management. This includes putting stakes in the ground and planting trees. If stakes are needed for your satellite dish, please limit stake length to 4″. If you contract to have a landline run to your site, please check with the office first.
- Washing vehicles, boats, campers, and major repairs are prohibited in the park. Please see our park staff if you need your RV washed or repaired. We may be able to recommend excellent approved on-site services to assist you. If a resident hires a vendor to shampoo their carpet, it is the resident’s responsibility to ensure that the vendor is equipped with their own water supply and equipment.
- Evaporative Water Cooling Systems (swamp coolers) are not allowed in Cedar Cove on RVs or Mobile Homes.
- Well-behaved pets are welcome and limited to 2 pets per site.
- Portable pet pens are permitted.
- Please pick up after your pets immediately! A $10 fine will be charged for every instance of excrement not picked up promptly.
- Please do not leave your pet unattended or off its leash outside. Pets must remain on a leash while within park boundaries.
- Do not allow your dog to bark outside or inside your rig. Excessive barking can be disturbing to other guests and will not be tolerated.
- Animals are not permitted on other tenants’ properties or sites without the tenant’s approval.
- Pets are not allowed in or allowed to be carried in the clubhouse, laundry, or shower house.
- Aggressive animals are not allowed. Cedar Cove’s management reserves the right to determine whether or not an animal is aggressive and to admit or reject any animal based on our determination.
- Tenants must comply with all pet rules and accept liability for pet actions. Cedar Cove RV Park is not liable for the actions of tenants’ pets.
- Free Wireless Internet Service is provided for all guests. Attempting to download large data files, movies, or TV programs can slow down the entire network or even shut it down completely, causing problems for other guests. Please do not do this type of uploading or downloading using our wireless.Our provider monitors the system performance and can detect heavy use and the user’s location. Adjustments to your service may be necessary if this type of activity occurs.
- Operating a business using our internet service is prohibited. Please provide your own if you need internet service for business or other heavy use.
- A late fee of $25.00 will automatically be added to all rent/electric payments received 7 days after the due date. An additional fee of $5 per day will be charged beginning on the 8th day.
- In the event that any tenant is in arrears more than 90 days on rent, Cedar Cove owner reserves the right to notify the tenant by certified mail that the vehicle is to be considered abandoned and to be sold off to the highest bidder.
We recycle the following materials:
- Aluminum cans
Recycling bins are located south of the clubhouse by the dumpster. Please do not throw garbage, plastic bags, tires, steel, styrofoam, wood, or glass in the recycling bins. Instead, use the dumpsters located on every level north and south of all sites.
Cedar Cove is privately owned. Campers accept and understand that they release Cedar Cove, its officers, and employees of all liability for loss or damage to property and injury arising from the campers’ use of Cedar Cove. Campers agree to indemnify Cedar Cove, its officers, and employees against all claims.
Rules for Monthly Stays at Cedar Cove RV Park
Please read all of these rules carefully. If you are warned/fined/removed for any of the following, it is your responsibility to know the rules of staying with us prior.
- The speed limit in the park is 10 mph. Please respect this limit. The possibility of hitting someone or someone’s pet is not worth it. Please make your visitors aware of this rule as well. The entrance road speed limit is 25, and within the park, near spaces, 10 mph. Repeated offenses will result in the resident being asked to leave the park without a refund.
- Only 1 RV, 1 trailer, and 2 vehicles are permitted per site unless approved by the park management. If a site can fit less than this, the park may request that you store one vehicle or trailer to avoid blocking neighbors.
- At no time should 2 units be plugged into the electrical source at the site. If it is found that a resident has done this, strict action and a possible hefty fee will be assessed to the account.
- All RVs must be self-contained. This means that your RV is self-sustaining with its own bathroom, holding tank for water, and a working electrical system.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. every day. If management or staff asks you more than twice in one night to be quiet, the police/security will be called to handle the situation. Excessively loud or disturbing noise made at any time is prohibited as well.
- Do not place grills or other flammable objects on picnic tables. Do not sit on picnic tables. A $100 fine will be assessed to the account if the table is found to be damaged.
- Do not drive, park, or walk through another tenant’s site. Proper RV etiquette also includes the care of unoccupied sites. Our staff cleans these, and driving through them creates more work for us and dirties the space for the next guest.
- Our monthly rates are based on 2 adults and 2 children. Any additional guests are $6.00 per person every night they are on the site. More resources are used per site with more guests.
- Please let us know as soon as possible upon your arrival how long you would like to stay in your space. Do not arrive assuming you have the space long-term if you do not explicitly make this arrangement with our office. Not making the proper arrangements upon arrival may result in our office moving your reservation to another space. To avoid this inconvenience, update the office as soon as you know when you will depart. If you have yet to set a departure date, we will block your reservation for two years to avoid conflicts or until your requested year.
- A late fee of $25 will be assessed to the account on the 8th day after the rent and electricity are due. An additional $10 will be added every week after that. Your rent is due every 30 days from the day you arrive. The electric meter is read on the last day of every month and is due on the 1st of every month.
- By arriving and parking in a space, the resident agrees to leave a valid card on file, even if all future payments are via cash or check. Otherwise, a $500 cash security deposit is required and will be returned to you upon your departure.
- We have an auto-pay system available to those who want to avoid a monthly call for electricity or rent. Please come by the office and fill out an auto-pay form if you wish to do this.
- ATVs, side by sides, and any motorized recreational vehicles are welcomed in our park on the agreement that they will go the speed limit within the park’s boundaries, no tricks or excessive play in the park, and will not run their engines past the quiet hour of 10 p.m. We have easily accessible trails throughout our whole park. Please use them. If these stipulations are violated, you may be asked to refrain from bringing your recreational vehicles to our park or be entirely banned from returning.
- ATVs must go 10 mph throughout the park at all times.
- No play in the park, we have easily accessible trails throughout our park for your leisure.
- All vehicles must follow the 10 pm quiet hour.
- There are to be no unattended children on recreational vehicles under the age of 16.
- All people driving any recreational vehicles must follow state and local laws.
- Up to 4 well-behaved pets per rig are welcomed.
- All animal excrement in the park and on your site must be picked up immediately and disposed of properly. There are “doggie depots” throughout the park for your convenience.
- Any animal deemed by management to be “unfriendly” will be immediately removed from the park. Cedar Cove’s management reserves the right to prohibit what they determine to be an excessively aggressive animal from entering or remaining in the park.
- Pets should not be left unattended outside the unit for extended periods, even if they are leashed or caged. We live in a very warm place where pets should not be outside for too long. Any mistreatment of animals within our park will not be tolerated, and legal action, as well as removal, may ensue if management deems it necessary.
- When outside your unit, pets must be on a leash at all times within the park boundaries.
- Portable dog fences are permitted with prior management approval.
- Animals cannot roam freely or be allowed into another tenant’s site without that tenant’s permission.
- Excessive barking will not be tolerated at any hour of day or night.
- By renting a space here at Cedar Cove RV Park, you accept full responsibility for your animals. You agree to indemnify management, staff, and Cedar Cove RV Park against any claim resulting from the actions of your pets.
Using and Maintaining Your Site
- Tenants are responsible for maintaining their site in a clean and orderly fashion at all times. Control weeds, keep the area clean and preferably well-lit at night to keep pests away, and do not leave trash on tables or anywhere around your site.
- Pick up cigarette butts and properly dispose of them. If a large number of cigarette butts are found on your site, a fine may be assessed to your account. No smoking of any kind is allowed in any of our communal facilities or bathrooms, including vaping.
- Fires directly on the ground are not permitted at any time. Fires must be contained in a designated metal fire pit. No old appliances, such as washer drums, may be used as fire pits. We sell firewood for $6 a bundle and rent out fire pits for $5 a night in our store.
- Do not dump any grease on the ground on the site. A cleaning fee may be assessed if we find grease on your site.
- We do not allow the washing of vehicles of any sort that uses the park’s water line in any way, for any reason. Please hire a mobile washing service or take your vehicles to a car wash. A water usage fee may be assessed to your account if it is found you are washing your vehicles in the park.
- We do not allow tents of any kind on the ground of your site. You will be asked by staff to remove the tent. If there are broken water lines/electrical damages to the site, you will be fined.
- If your sewage overflows or leaks onto your site or a neighboring area, you will receive a minimum of a $100 fine on your account and must clean it immediately. You are responsible for keeping your water, electricity, and sewer in check, or you will be asked to leave our park.
- We encourage people to make their site comfortable and decorate it within reason. Excessive, outwardly offensive, or profane decorations/displays are not permitted. This will be up to the management to decide whether or not something is excessive or offensive.
- Household furniture, indoor appliances (such as washers/dryers, freezers/refrigerators, bathtubs, etc.), car parts, and car seats are not allowed outside the RV. Only outdoor furniture and appliances are permitted.
- Yard sales/ rummage sales are not allowed in the park.
- A private business, including, but not limited to, child care/daycare, manufacturing, and food services may not be conducted on-site unless prior approval by management is granted.
- No illicit drug usage or dealings are tolerated within our park. If it is found that you or one of your guests is using, has possession of, or is dealing with illegal drugs, law enforcement will be called to your site, and you will be immediately removed from the park with no refund.
- Your unit, as well as all of its accessories, must be and stay in good condition.
- Temporary canvas carports or tarps of any kind are not permitted at the sites. Sunscreens and sun sails are allowed; however, they must not be permanently installed. We suggest showing a picture to staff/management before you buy and put up a new kind of shade for approval.
- Any permanent changes done to our permanent awnings during your stay, such as drilling or welding, will incur a minimum of $100 fee on your account.
- Do not park vehicles over our patios, as oil will stain our concrete.
- Porches, storage sheds, fences, decks, carports, or enclosures are not permitted without prior management approval.
- The park reserves the right to refuse entrance to any RV older than 15 years or in poor condition. Older rigs are welcome to stay with us if they are in good shape. If any rig becomes unsightly or falls into disrepair over the course of your stay with us, Cedar Cove’s management reserves the right to request a tenant to leave the park if they do not make the needed repairs – cosmetic or otherwise.
- Water cooling systems, such as a swamp cooler, are prohibited in any rig or park model.
- No major vehicle repairs are allowed on the site or on the property.
- All vehicles, including recreational vehicles, must be legal, registered, and insured. Any non-operating or dilapidated vehicle is prohibited on the park premises or the site.
- Cedar Cove RV Park is a predominantly adult park. Children ages 16 and under can stay up to a week or come and go for temporary amounts of time. Children must be attended to throughout the park’s facilities. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children.
- If you vacate your site, abandon items, and/or leave trash, a cleaning fee will be charged to the card on file.
Using our Facilities
- We offer amenities to our guests to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable. They are communal spaces maintained by our staff but must also be taken care of by the tenants who use them. Any tenant or tenant’s guests found to have damaged, defaced, or stolen any of Cedar Cove RV Park’s property or other tenants’ property may face legal action, fines, and/or removal from the park.
- We offer free Wi-Fi to our guests. This Wi-Fi cannot accommodate streaming from TVs, consoles, or other large devices. We are in a rural area where Wi-Fi does not have the same capacity as in a city. It may be slower during high-traffic times of the day. If you cannot connect to our Wi-Fi, it may be that your rig or your neighbor’s rig is blocking the signal. We allow our monthly tenants to install their own Wi-Fi and recommend it for long-term stays. Please speak with the management/staff before doing this.
- The laundry facilities are open to guests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Do not underload or overload any washing machines. Do not load single items, pillows, pet beds, rugs, or shoes in our washers. If you are found doing this or damaging any of our washers or dryers, an appropriate fine will be assessed to your account.
- Our private bathrooms are available for your convenience. Do not leave doors open or propped in any way. This allows pests, snakes, and strangers into the bathrooms. Only 2 people are allowed in a single bathroom at one time. Please shut the lights off when you leave the bathroom to avoid attracting bugs. Do not leave heaters on for more than 30 minutes; shut them off completely when you leave. Please do not wash animals in our showers. Lastly, leave the space as clean as possible for the next person.
- We have a game room with darts and a pool table available for guests to use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To use this equipment, you must come to the office during office hours and check out all items under an account with a credit card. Equipment rentals are checked out for a maximum of 24 hours and must be returned in person at the office. If any damages occur to our game room or equipment during that time, fees will be assessed to the credit card on file in addition to a possible ban from our recreational facilities.
- If you want to send/receive mail during your stay, we do have a mailroom in our office area that is free to use. We pick up USPS every day except Sunday. FedEx and UPS drop off packages at our office.Please use the following addresses:
HWY 195 & Yapple Canyon Rd
Elephant Butte, NM 87935
P.O. Box 898
Elephant Butte, NM 87935
Please put your full name, space number, and the RV park name in the second address line.
- Our Cedar Cove office offers a small store of toiletries, RV parts, snacks, drinks, ice cream, ice, and complimentary coffee. Come by and see us!
RV Park Etiquette & Disciplinary Action
- During certain seasons, we host free to low-cost activities for our guests to meet new people and build community within the park. These include hikes, paintings and crafts, field trips, lunches/brunches, book clubs, yoga, and more. If you would like to participate, join our emailing list, and talk to staff about how you may get involved or join a group. All are welcome!
- All final decisions about events and event times are up to the management. No single group or person may negate the times of the desired event, even if you are a returned guest.
- Please always be respectful of your neighbors by not infringing upon their privacy in any way and respecting the rules outlined above. We do not tolerate harassment of any sort to any person on our property or towards our staff. If staff receive multiple negative character reviews of a tenant, that tenant may be asked to leave the park to maintain our friendly, compassionate, and fun community.
- We do not tolerate any domestic disputes that disturb our guests or put others in danger. If any police are called to your site for you or your guests, you will receive an eviction notice.
- We give out formal warnings to our residents that violate the rules stated above. These warnings are given to you in your mailbox or at your site in written form. We work on a three-strike system for lesser violations. Many other, more severe violations result in immediate removal or fines. You may be fined or asked to leave our park on the third formal warning. The decision for removal and the fine amount is up to management.
- Please let us know if you need anything. We are on call 24/7 for emergencies.